If you have been suffering the continual log in box using Outlook then we have a fix. You will need to remove your account from Outlook and then re add it. But first you should make a back up of your Contacts (and Calendar if you use it) because they will get deleted when the account is removed.
To do this you need to:
- Click on File and then choose Open & Export
- Then choose Import/Export
- Select Export to a File and click Next
- Choose Comma Separated Values and click Next
- Find the Contacts file you want to export, it will be under your email address in the list and click Next
- Save it to a memorable place (Desktop for example) and call it Contacts with the day's date so you can find it more easily. Do this by clicking on the Browse button.
- Click on Next and then Finish to start the export.
Now it is time to remove your account from Outlook.
- Close Outlook and then hold the Windows key and press R. This will open the Run dialogue box.
Type Control Panel in the box and press Enter (or click OK)
- You should now see the control panel. Make sure you are looking at individual icons and not groups (see View By in the top right and change it to small or large icons if needed). Look for Mail and click on it. The icons are alphabetically arranged.
- This opens a new box with three options; Email Accounts; Data Files & Profiles. You want to click on Email Accounts.
- Click on the address you want to remove and press the Remove option (denoted by a black X). You will get a warning box open asking if you are sure you want to delete the account, click Yes.
When the account has been deleted, you then need to re add it. Do this by clicking on the New... option.
- The first box has an option at the bottom that says Manual Set up or Additional Server Types, click this and choose Next
- Choose POP or IMAP and click Next
- This is where we set the account details up:
Your Name - What ever you enter here is what is displayed in someone's inbox when they receive a message from you.
- Email Address - this is your council email address
- Account type - IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server - secure.emailsrvr.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - secure.emailsrvr.com
- User Name - this should automatically fill in with your email address. If not, enter the address here.
- Password - This is your email password
Click on More Settings
- You are interested in two tabs here
- Outgoing Server Settings
- Click the My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication box
- Click Use Same Settings as Incoming Server
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Incoming Server
- Change the encryption type to SSL/TLS and the port will automatically change to 993
- Outgoing Server, again change the Encryption Type to SSL and then manually change the Port number to 465.
- Click OK
- Click Next to test the settings and finalise the account set up. If everything has been entered correctly you will get two ticks (logging in and sending test message) and you can click on Finish.
Now open Outlook and the final thing to do is to import your contacts list.
- So click on File and then choose Open & Export
- Then choose Import/Export
- Then Import from another Program or File and Next
- Click Comma Separated Values, Next
- Click Browse (if the file you exported earlier isn't automatically selected) and locate the file from earlier.
- Choose to Allow Duplicates or not, it shouldn't matter and click Next and Import. This will then import the contacts list
Your Outlook should now be working.