Websites, web pages and the world wide web; the internet is a series of links that for a complex well… web. It can often be necessary to reference pages on your site on pages of your site, whether its to link to sub pages in a section or just refer people to a place where they can find more in depth information.
For the sake of explaining this more easily, let’s say you are on an open spaces and recreation ground page and you want to link to a separate page on your website that you have called Station Road Park (this can be a hidden page or a public page, they work the same). To do this you need to:
- Go to the Station Road park page while in the editing mode of your site
- In the URL bar at the top, click and drag to highlight everything from “/Sites” to “.aspx” and copy it
- Now go to the open spaces and recreation page and type in the words “Station Road Park” then click and drag to highlight it
- Click on the add link icon (the one that looks like a chain)
- Paste the URL that you copied into this box.
- Click Okay on the bottom of the box then the thumbs up to save your changes.
Links can be made to images as well to make navigation more interesting.